When I think fall I think of sweater weather, family, and comfort food. The cold weather definitely makes me want to drink tea, hot cocoa, and even make soup. And this carrot pumpkin soup is one of my favorites.
- 1 tbs grape seed oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 5 cups peeled and cut carrots
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the garlic and the onion with the grape seed or coconut oil in a medium sized pot until the onion is caramelized.
- Add the 5 cups chopped carrots, sliced tomatoes, and the 3 cups vegetable broth to the pot and simmer until the carrots are cooked for about 20 minutes. (Make sure the carrots are soft)
- Using a hand blender or the blender, puree the broth until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree and almond milk to the pot and stir.
- Add the cumin and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.