Summer is just getting started, and while I personally prefer going for a swim at the pool rather than the beach, there are a few things I always have to keep inside my beach bag at all times and can’t leave the house without.
- Beach Bag: I love this Luka Tote from Deux Lux its the perfect size to carry everything you need for a day at the pool or the beach.
- Hair Ties/Bobby Pins: With the heat, hair ties are the perfect way to keep your hair up and out of your face. My favorite hair ties are Twistbands hair ties which keep your hair out of the way but give an extra flare than a regular hair tie they’re also gentle in your hair which will cause less breakage.
- Face Wipes: Face wipes are great to wash your face on the go. And when you’re out and about they’re also a great way to freshen up.
- Sunglasses: Great to keep the sun out of your eyes. I found these BP Heart Shaped Sunglasses at Nordstrom that will do just that as well as add an extra bit of class.
- A hat: Like sunglasses floppy hats and fedoras are a staple in the summer to shield your eyes from the suns rays.
- Lip Balm: The basic girl essential for lips. Like in the winter, the summer weather can also chap your lips because of the harsh conditions. Baby Lips Lip Balm is a great way to keep your lips moist.
- Sandals: While regular flip flops are great. It’s always nice to have a pair of sandals that can be versatile from the beach to the mall.
- 2 towels: 1 beach towel and a smaller one. The smaller one can be used for your hair or to make sure you got all of the sand off your feet before you jump back into the car.
- Sunscreen: Lather up! While we all want to get that sun kissed summer tan, we don’t want to get skin cancer. I personally love Coola Suncare products they’re all organic and smell fantastic especially their Pina Colada one. Don’t forget to make sure you read the label to see how long the sunscreen lasts and when to reapply.
- Phone/Music Player with headphones: Music is great any time of the day so don’t forget to make a playlist and bring the tunes.
- A book: While I may not read every time I’m at the pool or beach it never hurts to bring one to start reading as you lounge by the water.
- Water: Hydration is key. Bring a refillable water bottle, and make sure you drink up the H2O.
- A Snack: You’ll work up an appetite if you’re swimming all day. Keeping a healthy snack such as a protein bar is a great way to curve hunger cravings.
– Earplugs for the water
What do you keep in your beach bag?